Executive Director, Christian Counselling Ottawa (CCO)
Job Title: Executive Director
Reports To: Board of Directors, CCO
Status: Part-time employee, 3 days per week
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Interested candidates should apply in writing by sending an email to the Secretary of the CCO Board of Directors, Karen Fishwick (firstname.lastname@example.org). The closing date for applications is July 01, 2022. Applicants should provide a resume and short cover letter that describes how their education and experience qualifies them for the position.
Christian Counselling Ottawa, (originally Ottawa Christian Counselling Service Association — OCCSA), was founded by Roger and Diane Moyer in 1978. Roger and Diane’s vision was to build a professional ministry that would stand in the gap between professional psychotherapy services offered in a secular context, and the ministry limitations of local churches. Over the years, the need for professional counselling services integrating the uniqueness of the Christian community became ever more apparent, and the scope of the ministry far exceeded the original vision. Services include:
- Individual, couple and family sessions
- Group sessions
- Workshops and community education seminars
- Consultation services for clergy and other Christian ministry leaders
CCO is seeking to hire a part-time Executive Director to work with the Board of Directors and staff to fulfill its mission and vision.
CCO employs a Business Director and Clinical Director who share with the day-to-day operation and management of the clinic including accounting, technology, client intake , client care and the supervision of related staff.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
While not limited to the following, the Executive Director will perform these duties:
Provide leadership to CCO to fulfill its mission and vision:
Mission: To be a Christian organization serving God and community by providing psychotherapy and mental health related education services to assist people in effectively managing life’s challenges.
Vision: To be the first-choice provider of psychotherapeutic services in greater Ottawa.
Towards this end, the Executive Director will monitor the organization to ensure vision achievement and execute and refine the Strategic Plan developed by the Board of Directors.
Promote CCO to be well known within the local community, churches, press, media and health and social service professions as a reputable, caring service Organization which provides a necessary and valuable service, capably and professionally addressing the mental health needs of our clients, including:
- Developing and delivering messaging that resonates with donors and churches in the Ottawa area and engages them to give donations and referrals to CCO
- Engagement with church and community partners
Develop a broad base of financial support to employ staff and engage volunteers, enabling CCO to fulfill its mandate to assist with subsidized counselling in cases where clients cannot pay the full counselling rate, including:
- Overseeing fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach donors, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation
4. Administration, Governance and Finance
- Support the Chair of the CCO Board of Directors with advising and informing Board members of meetings and updates, making recommendations for prospective members to the Board, attending Board meetings and supporting the Board’s evaluation of the Executive Director
- Working with the chair, enable the Board to fulfill its governance function by drafting policies for the approval of the Board and preparing procedures to implement the organizational policies; review existing policies on an annual basis and recommend changes to the Board as appropriate
- Working with the Business Director and Treasurer, provide the Board of Directors with comprehensive, regular reports on the revenues and expenditure of the organization
- Working with the Business Director and Treasurer, recommend a yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manage the organization's resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations
- Working with the Business Director and Clinical Director, develop regular reports to the Board on client care and provide strategic support for the recruitment of professional staff as well as staff development and compensation
- Oversee the employment and performance of both the Business Director and Clinical Director by ensuring that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are in place.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
The Executive Director must possess the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Leadership and big picture thinking: Proven ability to lead organizations and people and able to understand complexity and view situations from a broad perspective.
- Fundraising: Proven and demonstrated fundraising leadership, experience and success with another not-for-profit organization.
- Communications: Able to clearly present information through both the spoken and written word; able to influence or persuade others through oral presentations; able to listen well to constituents, advisors and partners.
- Decision making and problem solving: Able to act in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Financial: Proven grasp of accounting and financial practices and experience in holding profit and loss responsibility for a business or not-for-profit organization.
- Faith: The CCO workplace is a Christian faith-based office where prayer is practiced by staff and faith-led decisions are made according to CCO’s “Statement of Faith” (https://christiancounsellingottawa.ca/our-statement-of-faith/). The successful candidate is expected to be a Christian who is a member or adherent of a bible-based church. The candidate must be able to work in full harmony with the vision and mission of CCO and support CCO’s “Statement of Faith”.
Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview to take place via Zoom.
Questions about the positions should be directed to:
- Secretary of the CCO Board of Directors, Karen Fishwick (email@example.com)