Donor Information

Charitable Status

Christian Counselling Ottawa is a registered charitable organization (#10780 5806 RR0001). Through the generosity of our donors we are able to subsidize the cost of providing counselling services for approximately a third of our our clients who would not otherwise be able to afford counselling.

How To Donate

You can give online right here through our website.  Click here to start the online giving process. You will be receipted immediately.

To send an e-transfer use indicating your full name and mailing address so we can send you a receipt at the end of the year.

Send a cheque by mail to: Christian Counselling Ottawa, 63 Glencoe Street, Suite 303, Ottawa, ON K2H 8S5.  We will send you a receipt at the end of the year.

Designate donations made through the United Way as specifically intended for Christian Counselling Ottawa*. Simply indicate on the back of the United Way pledge form that your donation is designated to Christian Counselling Ottawa. You must include our charitable registration # (10780 5806 RR0001). Please note that the tax receipt will be issued by United Way, that 11-18% of the donation will be retained as an administrative fee by the United Way, and that CCO will not be aware of the donor's name.

Visit our CanadaHelps page to donate with a one-time or monthly gift and find out about our specific initiatives that are in need of your support.

To donate publicly listed mutual funds or shares/stocks. If a direct transfer of the shares is made from your institution to Canada Helps, a tax receipt will be issued for the value of the shares at the close of the day of transfer. This form of donation is quite advantageous to the donor. If the shares were sold previous to donation, capital gains tax would be applied. But, as the current tax rules stands, donors completely avoid paying capital gains tax on gifted shares. Simply complete this form on our Canada Helps site to get things started:

You can also donate cryptocurrency (Bitcoin or Ether) through Canada Helps at this link:

Canada Helps will issue receipts for anything that is processed through their site.